History of the Athens Branch Library
The Athens Library began as a small collection of books in the Bloczyski Hotel. In 1926, The Athens Women’s Club took over management of the library and moved the collection to the Athens Bank. The library again moved in 1941, this time to the Community Hall where it remains today. A county-wide building program brought new quarters for the library. Completed in August 1996, the remodeled space made it possible for the library to quadruple the number of books held at the Athens Branch Library, and to offer a wider range of programs to children.