Wausau | Athens | Edgar | Hatley | Marathon City | Mosinee | Rothschild | Spencer | Stratford

History of the Marathon County Public Library - Edgar Branch

In 1928, The Edgar Women's Club obtained books from the Wisconsin Traveling Library and this functioned as the local library until 1946. As the County Library grew and provided more services to the branch libraries, the village stepped in to provide building space so that the public would have a larger library to enjoy. The County-wide building program funded the remodeling of the former Edgar Bank in 1994, giving the public more books, computers and more space for family and children's programs.

  • 1948: Preschool story times began at the library.
  • 1961, 1975, 1985, 1994: The village provided building space in four different locations for the library.