Wisconsin's Digital Library / OverDrive
Wisconsin's Digital Library (aka OverDrive) is a catalog of free e-books, audio books, music and videos that you can check out and download. All you need is a library card to access the collection and, depending on your device, special software to facilitate the download process.
Make sure your device is compatible! Visit the Device Resource Center.
Quick guides / instructions:
- If you have an advanced (color) e-reader or tablet:
- If you have a basic (non-color) e-reader:
- If you want to download audio books or music to your computer:
- If you have an iPod (and aren't using the OverDrive App):
- If you want to download MP3s audio books or music to your MP3 player:
Checkout limits: A maximum of 10 OverDrive items may be checked out for seven or 14 days at a time; e-books have an additional 21-day option. Except for e-books, items cannot be returned early. Renewals are only possible by checking out the item again, and only if no one else is waiting for it.
Download availability: Not all downloads are immediately available. Like physical library items, they only can be checked out to a set number of users at one time. However, you may "place a hold" on any item to be notified when it becomes available. You will receive an email, and the item will be held for you for three days.