Weather Alert: Frost Advisory issued May 30 at 4:10AM CDT until May 31 at 8:00AM CDT by NWS
Children's Story Times
Bring your children to story time at your local Marathon County Public Library!
Story times are intended to introduce children to literature and reading through storytelling, songs, games, puppets and fingerplays.
Family Story Time
Bring your entire family to our all-ages Family Story Time. Children should be accompanied by interactive adults who model good listening and participation skills. Enjoy learning with all of your children through stories, songs and other activities.
- MCPL Wausau — Saturdays, 10:30am year-round will not meet 5/30/15
- MCPL Athens — Tuesdays, 10:00am year-round
- MCPL Edgar — Thursdays, 9:30am Sept.-May resumes [date not set]
- MCPL Hatley — Tuesdays, 10:30am year-round
- MCPL Marathon City — Thursdays, 10:30am year-round
- MCPL Mosinee — Wednesdays, 10:00am Sept.-May resumes [date not set]
- MCPL Rothschild — Tuesdays, 10:30am year-round
- MCPL Rothschild — Thursdays, 2:30pm Sept.-May resumes: 9/10/15
- MCPL Spencer — Wednesdays, 10:00am Sept.-May resumes [date not set]
- MCPL Stratford — Wednesdays, 10:15am Sept.-May resumes: 9/9/15
"Sweet Dreams" Story Time
Children of all ages are invited to bring their favorite stuffed animals and wear pajamas to this special evening story time!
- MCPL Wausau — Mondays, 6:30pm Jun.-Aug. resumes 6/15/15
"Play & Learn" Story Time
Explore creativity with a craft, a story and music at Play & Learn. This program is offered in partnership with the Family Resource Center. The story time facilitators are licensed social workers who are happy discuss any parenting or family concerns. Play & Learn will still occur during MCPL story time breaks, but can be cancelled due to FRC scheduling. Call 715-845-6747 for more information.
- MCPL Wausau — Fridays, 9:30am year-round
- MCPL Edgar — Thursdays, 10:30am year-round
- MCPL Hatley — Thursdays, 10:00am year-round
- MCPL Mosinee — Wednesdays, 10:30am year-round
Preschool Story Time
This 30-minute program will help prepare your preschooler for kindergarten with stories, songs, rhymes and other early literacy activities. Children attend this story time without parents/guardians, but parents/guardians should remain in the children's area during story time. For children 3-5 years old.
Tales for Tots
Enjoy books, songs and fingerplays with your toddler! Children should be accompanied by interactive adults who model good listening and participation skills. This program is designed to help toddlers acquire fundamental knowledge such as shapes, letters and numbers.
Book Babies features 20 minutes of lap-sit story time intended for children ages birth through 23 months. Children should be accompanied by interactive adults who model good listening and participation skills. Board books, songs, puppets and other activities are used to enhance your child's vocabulary and motor skills.
- MCPL Wausau — Mondays, 10:00am year-round
Daycare Story Time
This 30 minute program designed for three to five year olds will help prepare your preschooler for kindergarten with stories, flannel boards and other early literacy activities. Children attend this story time without a caregiver to better prepare them for kindergarten, but we ask that caregivers please stay in the children's area during the story time. Area daycares can also register their preschool class for a morning or afternoon session once a month on Thursdays. Preschool daycare providers can call 715-261-7220 to schedule a time.