Children's Story Times
Bring your children to story time at your local Marathon County Public Library!
Story times are intended to introduce children to literature and reading through storytelling, songs, games, puppets and fingerplays.
Family Story Time
Bring your entire family to story time! Children of all ages and parents/guardians are welcome to this 30-minute program. Enjoy learning with all of your children through stories, songs and other literature-based activities.
- MCPL Wausau — Saturdays, 10:30am year-round
- MCPL Athens — Tuesdays, 10:00am year-round
- MCPL Edgar — Thursdays, 9:30am Sept.-May
- MCPL Hatley — Tuesdays, 10:30am year-round
- MCPL Marathon City — Thursdays, 10:30am Sept.-May
- MCPL Mosinee — Wednesdays, 10:00am Sept.-May
- MCPL Rothschild — Tuesdays, 10:30am year-round
- MCPL Rothschild — Thursdays, 1:30pm Sept.-May
- MCPL Spencer — Wednesdays, 10:00am Sept.-May
- MCPL Stratford — Wednesdays, 10:15am Sept.-May
"Play & Learn" Story Time
Children of all ages are invited to use their imagination and creativity! These fun-filled programs feature a different story each week, followed by songs and supplemental activities. Offered in partnership with the Family Resource Center, these story times meet regularly; however, occasional breaks are possible due to Family Resource Center scheduling. Call 715-845-6747 for the latest information.
- MCPL Wausau — Fridays, 9:30am year-round
- MCPL Hatley — Thursdays, 10:00am year-round
- MCPL Mosinee — Wednesdays, 10:30am year-round
Preschool Story Time
This 30-minute program will help prepare your preschooler for kindergarten with stories, songs, rhymes and other early literacy activities. Children attend this story time without parents/guardians, but parents/guardians should remain in the children's area during story time. For children 3-5 years old.
Tales for Tots
Enjoy books, songs and fingerplays with your toddler at this fun and educational story time! This program is designed to help 2- and 3-year-olds acquire fundamental knowledge such as shapes, numbers and other early literacy skills. Each child must be accompanied by an adult.
Features 20 minutes of "lap sit" story time. Each child must be accompanied by an adult. Older siblings may attend, but please be aware that this program meets the developmental needs of younger children. Board books, songs, puppets and other activities are used to enhance your child's vocabulary and motor skills. For children from birth to 23 months old.
- MCPL Wausau — Mondays, 10:00am year-round
- MCPL Wausau — Mondays, 9:45am year-round
- MCPL Wausau — Mondays, 10:30am year-round
Daycare Story Time
Area daycare providers may schedule a morning or afternoon story time at MCPL Wausau on Thursdays (Sept.-May only). Picture books, songs and fingerplays will provide your children with fun-filled learning. Call 715-261-7220 to add your group to the schedule. (Parents: Feel free to recommend this service to your daycare provider!)