Children's Story Times
Schedule exceptions: (1) Story time schedules may be affected by holiday closings, special children's events and the summer library program without specific notice. (2) Story times marked with an "*" will not meet 12/22-1/4. (3) Story times marked with a "†" will not meet 11/24-11/31.
Family Story Time
Bring your entire family to story time! Children of all ages and parents/guardians are welcome to this 30-minute program. Enjoy learning with all of your children through stories, songs, and other literature-based activities.
- MCPL Wausau — Saturdays, 10:30am *
- MCPL Athens — Tuesdays, 10:00am (year-round)
- MCPL Edgar — Thursdays, 9:30am (Sep.-May) †
- MCPL Hatley — Tuesdays, 10:30am (year-round) *
- MCPL Marathon City — Thursdays, 10:30am (Sep.-May) *†
- MCPL Mosinee — Wednesdays, 10:00am (Sep.-May) *
- MCPL Rothschild — Tuesdays, 10:30am (year-round) *
- MCPL Spencer — Wednesdays, 10:00am (Sep.-May) *
- MCPL Stratford — Wednesdays, 10:15am (Sep.-May) *
"Play & Learn" Story Time
Children are invited to use their imagination and creativity! This fun-filled program features a different story each week, followed by songs and supplemental activities. Children of all ages are welcome. This program is offered in partnership with the Family Resource Center.
- MCPL Wausau — Fridays, 9:30am (year-round) *
Preschool Story Time
This 30-minute program will help prepare your preschooler for kindergarten with stories, songs, rhymes and other early literacy activities. Children attend this story time without parents/guardians, but parents/guardians should remain in the children’s area during story time. For children four or five years old.
- MCPL Wausau — Wednesdays* AND Thursdays*†, 10:30am (year-round)
Tales for Tots
Enjoy books, songs and fingerplays with your toddler at this fun and educational story time! This program is designed to help 2- and 3-year-olds acquire fundamental knowledge such as shapes, numbers and other early literacy skills. Each child must be accompanied by an adult.
- MCPL Wausau — Tuesdays, 9:45am AND 10:30am (year-round) *
Features 20 minutes of "lap sit" story time. Each child must be accompanied by an adult. Older siblings may attend, but please be aware that this program meets the developmental needs of younger children. Board books, songs, puppets and other activities are used to enhance your child’s vocabulary and motor skills. For children from birth to 23 months old.
- MCPL Wausau — Mondays, 10:00am (year-round) *
Daycare Story Time
If your child attends a daycare during the day, suggest they schedule a story time at MCPL Wausau. Area daycares can attend either a morning or afternoon story time on Thursdays. Picture books, songs and fingerplays will provide your child with fun-filled learning at the library. Daycare providers can call us at 715-261-7220.