January 26, 2021
At its January 2021 meeting, the Library Board decided to maintain the "limited re-opening" status of the Marathon County Public Library (MCPL), based on recommendations from the Marathon County Health Department.
"While the number of new cases dropped last week to 341, the number of cases is still very high. Our health care systems continue to operate under surge plans and the health department under crisis standards. ... Everyone plays a role in controlling the spread of COVID; having everyone benefit by social distancing, wearing a mask, washing your hands, staying home if sick, and getting tested when one has been in close contact with someone with COVID." — Marathon County Health Officer, Joan Theurer (1/19/21)
MCPL’s limited re-opening plan is intended to protect the health of patrons and staff during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, and includes the following services:
- All MCPL locations are open by appointment only:
- MCPL Wausau accepts appointments for computer lab use only.
- MCPL branches accept appointments for computer lab use and limited browsing of the collection.
- All MCPL locations offer curbside pickup:
- All MCPL events are offered online or in the form of "grab & go" activities available for curbside pickup.
- Library card applications are accepted online.
Changes to the library's opening status will be considered at future meetings of the Library Board.
We miss our patrons, and we look forward to serving the public in an increased capacity as soon as safety allows!
image credit: Image by Marathon County Public Library staff.