A Pearson Foundation survey found that 95% of Americans felt that the development of early childhood literacy skills is an important issue receiving too little priority in our society. Yet one in three children enter kindergarten without the skills they need to learn to read, which can lead to life-long consequences for their future success. Today we are participating in Read for the Record, an event to increase awareness of the importance of reading aloud to young children, the best way to develop pre-reading skills. Children everywhere will be gathering today to listen to a reading of THE SNOWY DAY.
Come and join us at these MCPL locations today for our readings of THE SNOWY DAY:
- Wausau Headquarters Library: 10:55 am & 3:30 pm
- Athens Branch Library: 3:30 pm
- Edgar Branch Library: 9:30 & 10:30 am
- Mosinee Branch Library: Spontaneous readings throughout the day!
- Stratford Branch Library: 1:30 pm & spontaneous readings throughout the day!