Write Your Story! Teen Summer 2020 Short Story Writing Contest
Teens across Marathon County are invited to share their writing with the library (and the world!) with our short story contest, with prizes for the top three entries!
Summer isn't just for relaxing by the pool or the lake and hanging out with friends! We're giving teens the opportunity to practice their storytelling skills, whether it's fiction or creative non-fiction. Your work might just land you a prize and some recognition through the MCPL website! Here are the details:
- Teens ages 12-18 are eligible for this contest.
- Winners will have their submissions published on the MCPL website, and prizes will be awarded for winners in the 12-14-year-old age range and in the 15-18-year-old age range.
- 1st place: $50.00 Amazon gift card
- 2nd place: $25.00 Amazon gift card
- 3rd place: $15.00 Amazon gift card
- Participants must be a resident of Marathon County.
- Submissions cannot exceed 2,000 words.
- Only 1 entry per person.
- All work must be original, not previously published, and titled.
- Any subject is permitted provided the content is suitable for teens. Entries will be assessed by library staff prior to being submitted to the judges for scoring. Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, culturally inaccurate, or possess negative stereotypical characterization will be disqualified.
- Work will be judged on content, originality, clarity, ideas presented, voice, word choice, presentation, sentence structure, syntax and spelling.
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. Please include your name, age, home address, phone number, and title of your submission in the body of your email. Entries must be typed, double-spaced, and attached to the submission email as a file attachment as a Word doc, Google doc, or PDF. Do not put your name anywhere on your manuscript.
- Submissions will be accepted until August 14, 2020 and winners will be announced Friday, August 28, 2020.
Give us a call at 715-261-7220 for more information. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Teens across Marathon County are invited to share their writing with the library (and the world!) with our short story contest, with prizes for the top three entries! 🖶
July 31, 2020 – August 14, 2020