The Marathon County Public Library gratefully accepts monetary donations through the Friends of the Marathon County Public Library and the Marathon County Public Library Foundation. Please contact either organization to make a donation, or write to "MCPL Friends" or "MCPL Foundation" at 300 North First Street, Wausau, WI 54403.
Donations intended for a specific purpose must be discussed with library staff beforehand.
The Friends of the Library accepts donations of books and other materials to be sold at book sales throughout the year. Materials donated to the Friends may be added to the library's collection instead, but this is not guaranteed. The types of materials accepted are described in the library's donation policy. Materials may be delivered to the main desk at any MCPL location.
Donations for the purpose of adding materials to the library's collection must be discussed with library staff beforehand.
For more information, please contact us.
- FAQ: Does the library accept donations?
- FAQ: Are book donations accepted during the pandemic, and when is the next book sale?
- Policy: Donation Policy
- Policy: Donation Procedures
- Policy: Fund Raising Policy
- Policy: Naming Rights Policy
- Policy: Friends of Marathon County Public Library Book Sale Policy
- Policy: Statement on Appraisal of Gifts