Apply to work at the Marathon County Public Library!
If you are interested in contributing to a positive work culture, want to be recognized for your job performance and are a talented, team-oriented individual who is motivated to make a difference in our community, consider the following career opportunities.
Openings also are posted on the Marathon County government website: www.co.marathon.wi.us.
Returning applicants: If you have applied to a position on our website previously, log in here.
Employment Opportunity: Library Page (Wausau) - 20 hrs/week
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a 20 hour per week position with the Support Services Team of the Headquarters Library in Wausau . Hours can include days, evenings and weekends. Additional hours to attend meetings, workshops or to fill in for other staff may be required. The purpose of this position is to organize and distribute library materials. The work is performed under the direction of the Page Team Lead and/or the Support Services Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent, with two years’ experience in a public library or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Customer focused Accurate Detail oriented Innovative Organized Self-starter Lifelong learner Strong analytical skills Good problem solver Technically savvy Team oriented Comfortable working in a multi-tasking environment Enjoys working with diverse populations
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED: Sort and shelve materials in proper order. Empty book return bins. Check in materials as needed. Scans shelves to assure materials are in proper order. Answer basic questions from customers in a pleasant manner. Select items off of the shelves from a list. Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Ability to work with the public. Ability to work independently in an efficient manner to complete assigned tasks. Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing and by listening. Ability to sort effectively in alphabetic or numeric order according to the Dewey Decimal system. An awareness of the Library’s collection and its organization. Has the ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Ability to push book carts weighing in excess of 100 lbs. Ability to stand for long periods. Ability to bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves. Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
COMPENSATION: Salary range: Minimum - $11.92; Midpoint - $13.71; Maximum - $15.96 per hour. This part-time position is not eligible for any benefits.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The selection of the successful candidate will be made by assessment of experience, education, and background; oral interview; review of references; and other appropriate job-related procedures. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application..
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: Marathon County Public Library will make arrangements to furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services where necessary and reasonable to afford an individual with a disability the opportunity to participate in the recruitment process. Please notify the Library Administration Office or phone (715)261-7214 to request special accommodations prior to the application deadline. Notice to Applications : Wisconsin Statutes, Section 19.36(7), 64.09(5), and 64.11(7) require public employers to treat the following items as a public record: Each applicant’s application, records, recommendations and qualifications except as provided in Section 19.36(7), Wis. Stats. which allows the identity of an applicant to remain confidential if the applicant requests in writing that the library not provide access to this information. If you choose not to have this information become a public record, you must make such a request in writing to the Library Administration Office. If you become a finalist for the position, your identity may be disclosed as required by law.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, April 26, 2021, 11:59pm
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Marathon County Government Jobs
- CWA Seasonal Laborers - Summer 2021
- Seasonal Aquatic Positions 2021
- Seasonal Marathon Junction Positions 2021
- Seasonal Recreation & Sports Leadership Positions 2021
- Public Safety 911 Dispatcher - 2021
- Jury Attendant
- Student Interns - 4H Programs 2021
- Corrections Officers 2021
- Parks and Recreation Department Intern - 2021
- Seasonal Laborers SUMMER 2021 Parks
- Office Assistant - Summer 2021
- Seasonal Assistant Facility Manager 2021
- Seasonal Park Managers 2021
- Custodian - Evenings (PT 50%)
- HWY Seasonal Laborers - Summer 2021
- Paraprofessional-Special Education-Edgar
- Paraprofessional - Special Education - Rosholt School District
- Paraprofessional - Special Education - Abbotsford School District
- Aide- Track & Field- Special Education-Edgar School District
- Hearing & Vision Screening Coordinator
- Visual Impairment Teacher
- Hearing & Vision Screening Technician
- LTE Preliminary Hearing Testifier - District Attorney's Office
- DEPUTY MEDICAL EXAMINER
- 2021 DEPUTY MEDICAL EXAMINER - ON CALL
- Health Aide-Special Education- Athens
- Paraprofessional-Special Education-Edgar
- Child Support Specialist
- Social Worker - CLTS
- Deputy Sheriff OPEN Recruitment 2021
- Community Specialist - Northwest WI
- Covid-19 Vaccination Community Health Worker - BILINGUAL (ENGLISH & SPANISH)
- Administrative Specialist - Social Services
- Library Page (Wausau) - 20 hrs/week
- Resource Specialist - ADRC - (28 hrs/week) - Antigo
- IT Analyst-Network
- Public Health Educator