Holiday hours: All MCPL locations will be closed Sat.–Mon., 8/31–9/2.
Reference E-Mail Procedure
COMPUTER ID: SEEQ-3
Title: Reference E-Mail Procedure
Effective Date: 4-01-99
Authorized By: Library Director
Date of Last Revision: 3-2017
E-Mail Reference Procedure
1. E-mail requests are routed from the MCPL webpage online "Ask a Librarian" form on
the MCPL webpage to the Reference E-Mail Account.
2. The e-mail account will be checked by the staff assigned to work the Reference Desk,
as often as possible, but at least at each shift change, during normal business hours.
3. For simple questions, replies with answers will be sent immediately, citing the sources
used to answer questions.
4. The Reference staff working on the question may e-mail the customer to request
clarification or additional information, if needed.
5. Once the answer to the question has been found, the librarian can reply by using the
reference e-mail account; may scan or fax material; may phone the customer with the
answer, or may mail the reference materials if the answer is extensive.
6. If there is a need to mail the answer, an e-mail message will be sent to the customer
advising them of any photocopying charges.
- Marathon County Public Library
300 North First Street Wausau WI 54403 USA
Account Status: 715-261-7209 (24/7)