1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
The Marathon County Public Library is challenging parents to read more books with their children!
The “1,000 Books Before Kindergarten” initiative is meant to introduce children to a wide range of literature, encourage families to spend quality time together and promote pre-literacy and learning so children enter school ready to read, listen and learn.
Although 1,000 books sounds like a huge number, consider this: If you read one book a day (or the same book day after day), you could finish in less than three years. Ten books per week? Less than two years. We’ll give you tips and suggestions, too.
How to participate:
- ONLINE: Use Beanstack, our Virtual Reading Club app, to register and track your family’s reading progress.
- Use the links at the top of this page to install the Beanstack app or access the Beanstack website.
- Be sure to use the “register a child” option to join the “1,000 Books Before Kindergarten” challenge.
- Incentives — stickers, books and book bags — are available at your local MCPL.
- OFFLINE: Please call 715-261-7220 or visit your local MCPL for offline participation options.
Contact us for more information!
This program is sponsored by the Marathon County Public Library Foundation.