U.S. passport applications are accepted at the library’s Wausau Headquarters. Please call 715-261-7240 and ask to speak with a passport application acceptance agent before you apply. We also advise reviewing the U.S. Department of State passport website.
- Appointments are available every Wednesday, 2–7 p.m., and every other Saturday, 9–11:30 a.m. and 1–3 p.m.
- Walk-ins are invited every Wednesday, 9 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- MCPL takes passports photos for $10.
- Contact us for more information or alternative passport application sites.
Common application mistakes and pitfalls include:
- Not bringing an official birth certificate issued by the government, featuring a raised seal and signature. Hospital certificates and photocopies are not allowed.
- Forgetting to bring (enough) checks. The application fee must be paid by check.
- Making errors on the application. Cross-outs, white-out or errors of any kind are not allowed; only black ink is allowed, not blue or any other color.
- Applying on behalf of a minor without adequate documentation. Please always contact us and describe any special circumstances regarding custody, etc.