U.S. passport applications are accepted at the library’s Wausau Headquarters.
- Appointments are available at these times:
- every Wednesday, 9 a.m.–1:00 p.m. and 2–7 p.m.
- every other Saturday, 9 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 1:30–3 p.m.
- MCPL takes passports photos for $10.
- Contact us for more information or alternative passport application sites.
Common application mistakes and pitfalls include:
- Not bringing an official birth certificate issued by the government, featuring a raised seal and signature. Hospital certificates and photocopies are not allowed.
- Forgetting to bring (enough) checks. The application fee must be paid by check.
- Making errors on the application. Cross-outs, white-out or errors of any kind are not allowed; only black ink is allowed, not blue or any other color.
- Applying on behalf of a minor without adequate documentation. Please always contact us and describe any special circumstances regarding custody, etc.