Need help using your computer, tablet, smartphone or e-reader?
Library staff can provide one-on-one technology assistance with a variety of topics, including:
- basic computer skills;
- saving and moving digital files;
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.);
- social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- accessing e-books — including Wisconsin's Digital Library (OverDrive / Libby);
- using the library’s online resources;
- ...and more!
If assistance by phone is not feasible, or you need extra time and help, you may request an in-person, one-hour "Tech Time" appointment.
Tech Time appointments are scheduled at MCPL Wausau during its normal hours of operation and are subject to the availability of specialized staff.
Please remember to bring the following to your appointment, if needed:
- your device(s) — or you may request any of the library's computers, tablets, e-readers and other devices in advance;
- login information and passwords;
- power and data cables;
- removable media (USB storage devices, CDs / DVDs, memory cards, etc.);
- instruction booklets;
- your mobile phone (if you have one) for account recovery purposes.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us.
For free online technology classes, consider Gale Courses — available to library patrons through at least October 2022.
Also, the library occasionally schedules free events on a variety of technology-related topics. Forthcoming events of this type are listed below, when available.