Holiday hours: All MCPL locations will be closed Sat.-Mon., 5/25–5/27. PATRON SURVEY: Click here to help us learn more about the times you visit your local MCPL!
How can I renew my items?
FAQ: How can I renew my items?
- You will need your 14-digit library card number and PIN.
- If others have requested the item, it will not be possible to renew.
- Renewals extend the item's due date by 14 or seven days (depending on the type of item).
- The renewal period starts from the date you renew, so it is best to wait until the end of the item's original checkout period to renew.
Interlibrary loan (WISCAT) items may be renewed once at the discretion of the lending library for an additional 14 days in person or by phone: 715-261-7200. Interlibrary loan items may not be renewed online. For more information, visit www.mcpl.us/catalogs/interlibrary.
Wisconsin's Digital Library (Overdrive / Libby) digital items (e-books and downloadable audiobooks) are automatically checked in once their original loan period has expired, but renewals are possible if no one else has requested the item. More more information, visit help.overdrive.com/.../1481523-how-to-renew-digital-titles.
* To renew V-Cat items online, please use the following steps:
- Go to www.mcpl.us/catalogs/vcat, select "log in," input your library card number and PIN, and select "submit."
- Select "items currently checked out."
- Put checkmarks in the "renew" column next to the item(s) you wish to renew.
- Select "renew marked" to renew.
- Note the new due dates.