The Friends of the Marathon County Public Library is a nonprofit volunteer organization with the goal of promoting and improving library services in Marathon County, Wisconsin. These goals are funded via donations, membership fees, book sales and special fundraising events.
The Friends carry out their mission through:
- Grants — Annually, the Friends solicit and award grants to fund projects for library branches and divisions.
- Material & equipment purchases — Friends purchase and donate equipment and materials needed throughout the library system.
- Art purchases — During the annual Festival of the Arts, Friends take advantage of Festival of the Arts matching grants to purchase artworks for patrons to check out.
- Sponsoring special programs, such as the Summer Library Program, Central Wisconsin Book Festival and other events.
To join the Friends, complete a Friends Membership Application. Membership is on a calendar basis, with dues payable annually by the first day of each calendar year. Membership renewals will be accepted at the fall book sale.
Friends board meetings are every other month on the fourth Monday, 4:30pm, at MCPL Wausau; the 2020 meeting dates are 3/23, 5/25, 7/27, 9/28 and 11/23. The 2020 annual meeting is 1/25, 2pm, at MCPL Wausau. Contact us for the latest information.
2021 Friends board members are as follows:
- Ms. Sharon Behle, President / Vice President
- Mrs. Joanne Ash, Secretary
- Mr. John Ash, Treasurer
- Mr. Michael Blick, Publicity
- Mr. Don Haney, Membership
- Mr. Randy Jesse
- Ms. Kathy Olson
- Mrs. Kate Srozinski
- Mr. Dick Wachtl
- Ms. Gail Zarnke
To contact any Friends board member, use our contact us webpage; please include the name of the board member in your subject to ensure proper routing. You also may send mail to "Friends of MCPL, 300 N. First St., Wausau, WI 54403."
Donations to the Friends may be sent to "Friends of MCPL, 300 N. First St., Wausau, WI 54403."
- FAQ: Can I make a donation to the library?
- FAQ: Are book donations accepted during the pandemic, and when is the next book sale?
- Policy: Meeting Room Policy
- Policy: Donation Policy
- Policy: Friends of the Marathon County Public Library
- Policy: Donation Procedures
- Policy: Fund Raising Policy
- Policy: Friends of Marathon County Public Library Book Sale Policy
- Policy: Weeding the Collection Policy
- Policy: Administration of Library
- Policy: Display and Exhibit Policy