Marathon County Public Library - Rothschild Branch
History of the Marathon County Public Library - Rothschild Branch
The library in Rothschild opened its doors in 1949 when the Rothschild Homemakers group worked with Kay Biwer, County Librarian, to establish a branch library. First located in a small cloak room in the village hall, it soon moved upstairs to a larger area. A fire destroyed the village hall in 1968, and the village constructed a new building for the library and village offices. By 1998, the Village needed more space for offices and the library was in need of expansion, resulting in a newly constructed library/village hall complex completed in March 1999. The Schofield and Rothschild libraries were merged to form this larger library with increased hours and a larger collection.